Thursday 29 August 2013

A Progress Report, Part 2

So today I've carried on writing and I've got a bit more done. I'd guess that I'm now around about 75% in, possibly just a tiny bit less. Exciting things are happening.

I thought I'd just speak briefly about how I actually write the book. I've been really dedicated in the writing of this book, more so than I normally am when I write fiction. I think I'm more dedicated because I'm really enthused about the story. I spend as much time as I can find writing and typing up the book. I began writing on July 12 2013 and now, on August 29 2013, I'm over 45,000 words in. To me, that's dedication. It helps, I suppose, because it's the summer holidays.

So at about nine o'clock each night (or earlier if I really want to write LOADS), I go to my room, put a CD on, either a music CD or a Doctor Who audio play from Big Finish Productions. I get my notepad out (I've got a notepad just for writing the story in) and I begin to write. Just using a pen, nothing mad. I just write and write and write until about eleven o'clock, or maybe half past eleven. Then the next day I type it all up.

Just thought you might like to know that. It sounds really unusual writing it down.

So, at the moment, on August 29 2013, after 48 days of writing this damn book, I am at... 220 PAGES AND 47,986 WORDS! That's about 1,000 words a day on average. Normally I write more than 1,000 words a day, but I have off days. I think 47,986 words is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment